– PROJECT MANAGEMENT –
Deakin University engaged Select Architects to help Australia’s largest independent manufacturer of carbon fibre composites, Quickstep Holdings, to establish its automotive division and global research and development centre at the Waurn Ponds Campus. Existing facilities were repurposed and upgraded to accommodate Quickstep Holdings’ high-tech centre.
Our architects worked with the Deakin University Project Director and Property Management team to coordinate, budget and design the project to align with the Quickstep tenancy agreement.
• design of the base build fit-out for the Quickstep Carbon Fibre Research Facility;
• co-ordination of the fit-out with tenant’s equipment, machine loads and layout;
• design and procurement of the substation upgrade from 1000Kva to 2000Kva;
• alterations to the existing Deakin University Campus Services to accommodate relocation from the vacated building; and
• planning and management of the decanting and relocation of Campus Services personnel into their new space.
Select was thrilled to assist with the establishment of Quickstep’s Automotive Division and a global research and development centre at Deakin University’s Waurn Ponds campus. The project was delivered as per Quickstep/Deakin University lease milestones.