– STORE EXTENSION –
Built in 2005, the ALDI Colac store was no longer large enough to accommodate the company’s increased product range and was due for a refurbishment. ALDI requested design options to extend the retail area almost 30 per cent.
While the store extension itself was a fairly straightforward design, there were a number of issues which needed to be resolved during the design stage including:
• relocating the bus stop on Hesse St;
• relocating a crossover to Hesse St;
• diverting a sewer main around the extension;
• relocating external fire services;
• inclusion of a new plant enclosure while minimising the loss of parking spaces; and
• Sourcing brick type to match existing as original brick no longer available.
The store remained open while the extension was completed (in December 2020). Local shoppers are now enjoying the expanded product range at their improved ALDI Colac.